Sunday 5 January 2014

Background

I decided to preach today.I have listened to alot of music but non caught my heart like this one.I listen to it and it reflects on how we should live as people.Let God take the lead and we should follow in the background.I listened to it many times since back then till now..Here it is

   I could play the background
Cause I know sometimes I get in the way
So won't You take the lead, lead, lead?
And I could play the background,
And you could take the lead
It's evident you run the show, so let
me back down
You take the leading role, and I'll play
the background
I know I miss my cues, know I forget
my lines
I'm sticking to your script, and I'm
reading all your signs
I don't need my name in lights, I don't
need a starring role
Why gain the whole wide world, If I'm
just going lose my soul
And my ways ain't pure if I don't live
according to Your Word
I can't endure this life without Your
wisdom being heard
So word, to every dancer for a pop
star
'Cause we all play the background,
but mine's a rockstar
Yeah, so if you need me I'll be stage
right
Praying the whole world will start
embracing stage fright
So let me fall back, stop giving my
suggestions
'Cause when I follow my obsessions, I
end up confessing
That I'm not that impressive, matter of
fact
I'm who I are, a trail of stardust
leading to the superstar

I had a dream that I was captain of
my soul
I was master of my fate, lost control,
and then I sank
So I don't want to take the lead,
'cause I'm prone to make mistakes
All these folks who follow me, gon'
end up in the wrong place
So let me just shadow you, let me
trace your lines
Matter of fact, just take my pen, here,
you create my rhymes
'Cause if I do this by myself, I'm
scared that I'll succeed
And no longer trust in you, 'cause I
only trust in me
And see, that's how you end up
headed to destruction
Paving a road to nowhere, pour your
life out for nothing
You pulled my card, I'm bluffing, You
know what's in my hand
Me, I just roll and trust you, You cause
the dice to land
I'm in control of nothing, follow you at
any cost
Some call it sovereign will, all I know is
you the boss
Man, I'm so at ease, I'm so content
I'll play the background, like it's an
instrument

I know I'm safest when I'm in Your
will, and trust Your Word
I know I'm dangerous when I trust
myself, my vision blurred
And I ain't got no time to play life's
foolish games
Got plenty aims, but do they really
Glorify Your name
And it's a shame, the way I want to do
these things for You, yeah
Don't even cling to you, take time to sit
and glean from You
It seems You were patient in my
ignorance
If ignorance is bliss, it's 'cause she
never heard of this
      Lecrae ft C-lite-background

No comments:

Post a Comment